Wednesday, March 05, 2008

When Hillary Got Her Groove Back

Good golly, I like the drama, but now it kills me.

I woke up to the news that they're still counting down in Texas. It's sort of one of those "Oh my goodness, what did I do last night" moments even though looking around the house on this snow-covered morn', the only sign of mischief is my "I Voted!" button.

But as I turned in last night, I had the clock radio on and was listening to this speech and this is a Hillary I really have never heard before. It led to a fitful night of sleep as I had dreams of her doing this again and again.

I have to give the woman credit. She learns from her mistakes and gives up bad plans of action fast. The stale jokes during the debate don't work. The "shame on you, Barack Obama" routine is equally bad.

I know that she claimed to have found her voice in New Hampshire, but I think she got it in Ohio. While no one is approaching Obama in the speech department, this speech last night was a dramatic turnaround and her celebratory mood was well-deserved. The campaign did something right in Texas.

For the life of me, I don't know what the hell it was...but they must have done something right.

Where's the Alka-Seltzer?


4 comments:

Unknown said...

It does surprise me though how different the opinions are in purple OH than here in blue MN. Is it all the ads, dirty tricks (making Obama look blacker???), etc that have been rammed down your throats the last month? Is OH more susceptible to fear mongering, (as in 2004). Or is it something fundamentally different?

Having lived in both states, I don't think too much is fundamentally different in the people, but the votes don't show that.

Just curious.

Dan said...

I don't like to think of Clintons ramming things down the throats of others, thank you.

Having also lived in both places, the democrats seem a little different here. More pragmatic rather than ideological?

Could I be on to something? That's close to what I feel, but I'm having trouble articulating it...

Unknown said...

No, thats exactly it and I completely agree.

Unknown said...

Or in other words, touche.