Friday, March 21, 2008

Spitzer Goes into Therapy

I'm kind of torn on this one...

One part of me finds the idea of former Governor Spitzer going into therapy for a possible sex addiction really hilarious.

Another part of me sympathizes with a guy who might be resorting to whatever he can to get the 4 women who live in his household off his ass. I honestly felt bad for him (and them, of course!) when I found out he had 3 daughters...one of whom was really close in age to 'Kristen.'

That just added a new level of creepiness to the whole thing.

Finally, I might be wrong. Maybe there is such a thing. The generally-accepted definition of an addiction is expansive enough to include something like this, so to the extent that you're a believer in the DSM IV, maybe it's all real.

In celebration of Spitzer's potential moment of clarity, check out this kickass cut of Ben Harper performing Gaye's Sexual Healing at the Hollywood Bowl in 2003. It's really cool.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Is your sympathy with him because he has 4 women hounding him, or more because he may be dealing with a serious addiction which probably broke up his family beyond repair.

I applaud your compassion, regardless, but again I am curious as to the sentiment.