Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Michigan and Florida Crybabies

So my premise going forward here is that the drama in this race is great. Any one of the three remaining major candidates would make fine Presidents, in my opinion. So while I may have had a little fun in voting yesterday, it was not the same as voting for a professional wrestler for Governor.

That said, I'm enjoying the hell out seeing the Democrats jockey for position. And it's not only the candidates, or course, who are raising a ruckus.

The Florida and Michigan Democratic parties must have just been bluffing last year when they decided to buck the system and move their primaries out of sync with what the Politburo wanted, so they knowingly disenfranchised their states' respective voters.

Now, both are crying bloody murder that they can't play a meaningful role in this, the best pre-election political race of my lifetime.

Looks like everyone's interested in finding some way of revising history a little bit.

Much as I'd like to throw down a little Gambler action, I will have time for that later, so let's take it back a few years to this cut of Janis singing Cry Baby in Toronto, 1970.

On to Wyoming!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pat voted for Hillary, too. I think we're not seeing nearly enough in the news about how Hillary's win may have less to do with her appealing to more Democrats and more to do with clever Republicans trying to set McCain up for a more winnable showdown! :)

Unknown said...

I believe that to an extent, but 17%?

I also don't get the "Ohio picks presidents" line Hillary was giving last night. It may be true (primaries are over by the time OH gets its symbolic vote), or in the case of its role as a key battle ground.

But more importantly OH has a history of picking bad presidents, especially lately. I was asked repeatedly today "WTF is up" with those guys out there?

I assured them though, that its just a western reserve thing. They wouldn't understand.