Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Random Thoughts on Why I Might Vote Barack

Burning off some music for the day (Cheap Trick in 1979 at the Int'l Amphitheatre and John Lee Hooker, 1990 at the Chicago Blues Fest) and thought I'd jot down some randomness here before heading out and trying to icepick my way to the street.

As all of us have read, and some found out, the fortune-cookie definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, expecting a different result.

What's the worst thing that can happen with my voting Obama? He doesn't strike me as some kind of imperial president and I can't see the wisdom in voting for one more person who runs on the same old lines their research says will help them win.

Obviously they can't use, "Vote Barack...Why the Hell Not?" (in part because I think that was Kinky Friedman's slogan) but you get my drift.

The other reason I might vote for him, at least in the primary, has to do with living in Cleveland.

Ohio is shaping up to quite possibly be Hillary's last stand.

Since 1991, I've been listening to this insufferable wench lecture, scold, lie to, whine and pander to the American people. Can you imagine how good it will make me feel, for the rest of my life, that I may have cast a vote that helped seal her fate as a failed presidential candidate forever?

Now I feel better...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The classic Obamamania vs. Die Hillary Die moment. It is so nice to be able to put both those energies to use at one time.