Saturday, February 16, 2008

Really Cool Blues Programming out of Seattle

Hats off to the folks at KEXP, a public radio station in Seattle associated with the University of Washington.

Last week, I stumbled across the station, as well as their most excellent Sunday Blues (and a bit of Gospel) show, Preachin' the Blues, hosted by Johnny Horn.

They keep the most recent episode archived for streaming and I'm jammin' to it now as I start to do some tidying up around the crib.

The rest of their programming guide looks cool, too, so I plan to give them a spin! Of note is a very user-friendly playlist functionality so I can scan back to get listings of all the songs they're playing as well as links out to iTunes, Amazon and other music sellers if a particular song strikes my fancy. Nice job on that, webmaster.

No comments: