Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Timing is Everything

Sometimes it benefits you, sometimes it doesn't.

When you can control the timing, it's perfect.

I turned in right around the time the heads were calling Wisconsin and Hillary was coming on to give her speech in Youngstown last night.

(Side note...picking one of the most depressed areas in the state to give her talk should give you an idea of who she's got her sights set on.)

Anyway, after she was on for 10 minutes giving a nice, calm speech, the networks cut over to Barack who was partying like a rock star in Texas. He totally cut her airtime.

Nice move and more on last night's events later on...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I think Obama's people purposefully waited for her, to give a concession speech of sorts. When she didn't, they went on full speed ahead. I also thought it was interesting that they broadcast his entire stump speech.

Dan said...

Yeah, I was in bed and just had the clock radio on at that point so I started to zone out...mostly because it was same old same old.

I guess she's got some big speech in NY today, so I will have to check out some of that.