Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Drudge's Headline this AM

Drudge made me laugh this morning.

He leads with an AP article about Hillary getting ready to take her gloves off with Barack. I was watching some kind of journalist roundtable on CSPAN last night (this should give you some indication of what a hip cat I am) and one of the panelists was talking about candidates going negative.

He said what anyone who's ever been involved in a childish squabble knows...that one person stabbing another in the back does not necessarily produce a unidirectional effect.

Hillary personally having to resort to going on the offensive like this shows a lot about herself in doing so and can move her already-high negatives even higher.

Anyway, the headline made me chuckle because it reminded me of some tape I heard on the radio once where there was a white man learning how to speak 'street.' He would say a sentence, then it would be translated for him. The funniest one was:

Nerdy White Man: "I am very angry and plan to take out some form of revenge on you."

Big Angry-Sounding Dude: "CANCEL CHRISTMAS, MOFO!"

No comments: