Saturday, December 01, 2007

Brent Mydland and the Grateful Dead Perform "Far From Me"

Brent Mydland was easily my favorite of the 4 keyboard players the Grateful Dead had. He brought more soul to the seat than anyone. His Hammond organ makes me want to boogie and his vocals sometimes get so haunting that chills run up my spine.

This is one of my fave compositions of his, "Far From Me," out at the Oakland Coliseum during the summer of 1987. This was part of the great-idea-in-theory-$hitty-idea-in-practice tour the boys did with Bob Dylan.

I believe this video (like some others I've posted in the past and will continue to do when I find something I dig) were filmed by the son of drummer Billy Kreutzmann, Justin.

Anyway, check out Garcia's fashionable summer flannel look...

No comments: