Saturday, December 08, 2007

CYA and the CIA

I was reminded this morning of Fawn Hall, whose famous line, after finding herself in the middle of a document shredding incident in the Iran-Contra affair, said that sometimes you have to go above the law.

Shrub and the rest are continuing to go outside the law, common sense and decency with the news late this week of the "enhanced interrogation technique" videos from Gitmo that have been destroyed. This was done, according to the agency, because they posed no real value and could endanger national security were they leaked.

Of course, W and Big Time found out about it on Thursday just about the time the rest of us did.

If you believe that...

I've almost gotten to the point where I'm just getting desensitized to all of this. With every passing week, I hear more and more BS going on there in the name of a war on evildoers that I have trouble getting fired up over it anymore. Maybe I should check out the job market in Montreal...or go sign up with Oprah on the Barack campaign...more on that later.

No comments: