Sunday, December 09, 2007

Those Naughty Coffee Fiends in Seattle

I came across an interview on CSPAN2 with a guy who wrote a history of the Starbucks chain the other day.

While I only watched it for a few minutes, I thought his explanation of the history of the logo we see on the cup was very interesting. So I did a little research and found some more detail on this site.

I pulled out the images so you can see below where the logo originally started (and what the viewer's eyes were presumably drawn towards) to the much more sanitized version we have today.

For the record, I've never been a fan of their coffee...primarily on the grounds ;-) of taste. I'm more a Dunkin' Donuts guy.

Aaaaaaaaaaaargh! I might have to change my preferences on this. I just checked their site and DD seems to have brought in that Spawn of Satan, Rachel Ray,as a spokesperson.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dunkin' Doughnuts, likely due to the Carlyle Group ownership?

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2005/10/28/111517/12

I agree though, I do like their product better.

In regards to the story, I wish I could be there in person to make some comment about "the vir-zsheen" in my best Borat voice.