Thursday, January 17, 2008

Yah, Youbetchya. Vote for Al(len) Franken!

While he's had some weirdo angry outbursts in the last few years, there's something really charming and interesting about the Franken Senate campaign up in the tundra.

Former Democrat Norm Coleman is a horse's ass and I would think of voting for Al just on that basis.

But Al's no dummy. As I think I've posted here before, his Air America show, while I might not agree with much of what he talks about, really allowed him to hone his rhetorical skills and I'm watching this race with great interest.

I had a funny experience at work today. I got hooked into a conference call with a woman in another business unit and had to ask, after listening for a moment, if she grew up somewhere in Minnesota.

"Yah, I live in Roseville. Whydoyaask?"

Anyway, here's a cute Al commercial.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Its quite surprising the 'warm fuzzy' campaign he is running so far up here on the tundra.

Interesting you talk about one of your co-workers from MN. Someone on my team was recently on the telephone with someone at your company. You may know them.

Anonymous said...

I guess his campaign is about as funny as one of his jokes.

Being a United States Senator is a very serious position within our government.

Are you going to send a joker to Washington to make a mockery of the process? Are you?

Dan said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NnhWdV-MjQ

Unknown said...

Can't be any worse than supporting a law and order actor for the POTUS, right?

I mean have you seen that show, its so dry.

More relavent, Franken picked up the endorsement of the teachers union yesterday though.