Thursday, January 10, 2008

The City of Cleveland...A Third World Nation?

Yesterday, we had some pretty nasty overnight windstorms and I ended up waking up to no electricity. Genetics have provided me with a pretty decent mental alarm clock (it just has no off-button, which is a bummer) so I didn't really have any problems waking up and it was back on by the time I got home with no ruined food or anything.

Last night, as I'm getting ready to turn in and catch up from missed sleep on Primary night, I heard running water outside. Not living next to a body of water, I was a little bit confused.

There must be some water pipe break up the street because even now, I have water, a few inches deep in some spots, running down my street. It honestly sounds like a small river when you walk outside.

So showering could be an adventure this morning.

This is a lot of build up for some Grateful Dead, but what the hell...

This morning's cut comes from Spring Tour 1990, Brent's last, at the Capitol Centre in Landover, MD. They go from an always-nice cover of Merle Haggard's Mama Tried into Johnny Cash's Big River.

Enjoy this two-fer! Jerry just tears it up at the end of River!

No comments: