Sunday, January 06, 2008

Bob Dylan Covers Brown Sugar

I've had bootleg tapes of this for a few years, but had not come across an embeddable video of it...

As usual, Dylan adds and subtracts from the song in his own way and this particular one is probably more interesting for its novelty rather than its inventiveness.

I've also started to take advantage of subscribing to Youtube posters. I've seen it around, but never really cared to until I found that I like the continuity of some of the folks who put things up there. It's a great way to quickly find certain bands or political items, for instance.

Interesting stuff

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I always loved this song. Dan, I told you the story about when I asked my dad what the song was about.

It didnt really make sense in my world and my then understanding of brown sugar.

"I mean its better than cane sugar, but not that much better to write a song about it. It is no way better than sugar cubes."

Dan said...

You never told me that, but that just made me giggle.

Did he have any opinion on artificial sweeteners? Or sugar that has not been aged appropriately?

Unknown said...

I don't know, but when visiting him over Christmas I noticed that he had switched to "Sugar in the Raw" sugar for his coffee.

http://www.sugarintheraw.com/

Dan said...

That stuff makes a hot cup of black coffee more appealing than it is on its own.