Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Cheers to MSNBC


I have the Florida primary coverage on in the other room and overheard a commercial for MSNBC saying that all of their online video content is embeddable, which caught my ear. (Both of them, actually.)

So I came in to the office to fool around with it and they do not appear to be lying. I could embed their high-quality video from the SOTU last night if I wanted...all 53 minutes!

It's a good idea, really. I mean I guess if Drudge linked something up, it could hurt their servers, but with the yokels like me with only a handful of visitors, it's virtually costless for them and they get a little coverage and seem to be running quickie commercials before their content, which I don't mind that much since the video quality is pretty nice.

Congratulations to MSNBC for going out on a limb like this. Let's hope other major outlets follow suit!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Such a great feature, so glad to see it. If only one could subscribe via RSS to video feeds, rather than web pages.

Or can you?