Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Live by The Law...

I'm no defender of whatever it is Eliot Spitzer did in his personal life. It seems pretty rotten and the guy seemed pretty due for a little comeuppance.

But I do have to say that I found this article by former Congressman Bob Barr to be very disheartening.

He lays out a case that Spitzer was busted for getting his freak on with a hooker because of reporting required by the USA PATRIOT Act.

All praise to Allah.

I think I am going to barf the next time I hear W or one of the other jackals in Washington tell me that the PATRIOT Act is to be used solely to save me from the "evildoers." My sphincter starts to tighten when I'm told to trust my government and that they'll only use the provisions covered when they believe the towel heads are up to no good.

>> On a side note, I guess old Bob is thinking very hard about running for President under the Libertarian banner. Now that would be very cool to see and his might just be a candidacy I could get excited about.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I told you so....

Dan said...

?

You predicted Bob's run for President?

Unknown said...

No, I said that the Patriot Act would be abused for political purposes.

Everyone thought I was just out and left [or right] field.

Dan said...

You're a regular Rollie Fingers.

;-)

No, you are right.