Thursday, April 17, 2008

This Debate...Brought to You By Vince McMahon

The Democratic debate last night from Philly was a terrible disappointment.

Shame on ABC for putting this on.

I understand that candidates will engage in theater and chicanery to try and get your vote, but the network doesn't have to be an accessory to this.

Did we really need such a good portion of this debate (sorry, I didn't have my stopwatch with me) devoted to Rev. Wright's greatest hits and...what kinds of fashion accessories Barack likes to wear?

I kind of expect that from a hack like John Gibson, but what was little George being such a weasel for? I thought he was a little bit more serious.

ABC Debate is to CNN/YouTube Debate
as
American Idol is to Masterpiece Theatre

>> Erratum...in the interest of good netiquette, I'll post a correction rather than modifying the original post. The co-moderator was Charles, not John Gibson (the idiot on Fox News Talk). Our sincere apologies to Charles for this insult.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I figured it would be about as much. These two have debated and discussed the policy positions they both have months ago. What else is there to talk about?

Unknown said...

Reading up on it this morning though, I wish I would have tuned in to catch the talk about the Weather Underground.

Unknown said...

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/attytood/An_open_letter_to_Charlie_Gibson_and_George_Stephanapoulos.html

sorry for the commenting rant...

Dan said...

the weather underground smackdown he delivered was VERY cool.

i whooped and cheered.