Sunday, April 20, 2008

King of the Casserole

I picked up a really good cookbook some time back that I've been digging into...The Better Homes and Gardens Biggest Book of Casseroles.

I've made a few of the breakfast dishes on weekends (a baked egg/hashbrown/ham/broccolli concoction this morning and a cinnamon raisin baked french toast dish a few weeks ago were both winners) as well as some dinners (the Reuben casserole was easy and just as good as the name suggests).

I recommend this book without reservation...even if you think it should be called HotDish.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

My sister just picked up the wonderful "Anderson family cookbook" I will have to have her get me another copy for you.

The tex-mex section is wonderful, and yes the fajitas include cream of mushroom soup...

Dan said...

Oh cool...thanks! You know I dig those old books.