Friday, April 11, 2008

The Cost of Addiction

Well, since I've become one of those iPod nuts recently, I'm finding the attraction to digitize my music collection irresistible.

There are at least two problems this introduces. First, I need one big honking hard drive to hold all of this.

The next problem is more commonly associated with certain chemical dependencies...paranoia.

I've invested quite a bit of effort in just getting a chunk of it digitized here and now I'm starting to worry about the house burning down or something and losing all this effort and value that's wrapped up in it.

So, I need to start researching some sort of online backup storage options...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Don't worry Dan, should something happen you can just pirate..err.. Download it all again.

Actually NAT storage is pretty cheap and convenient now too.

If you had a nice mac to match your ipod you could take full advantage of one of these.

http://www.apple.com/timecapsule/