Sunday, October 07, 2007

This is the Giuliani I Wish Was Running

The New York Times, which I have to compliment this morning, ran a nice article yesterday in their print edition on Rudy's years as Mayor and his weekly call-in radio show. Back in those days, he took calls live on WABC once a week and played the role of the street tough that gave him some of the charm I admired as a non-New Yorker.

His present image is another story.

Well, in addition the the entertaining article, the Times put up a cool audio archive of clips from his radio show. Included is the famed ferret incident.

The larger compliment to the Times is getting with it and putting some significant effort into beefing up their online presence. While I always look forward to the print edition, they're starting to become a bit more of a go-to site for both breaking information and where I look for some richer information such as these audio clips and the concentration camp slide show I posted here a few weeks back.

Kudos.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I read the article and it seemed to me that that Rudy was more of the "I'm OK, You're OK" psychoanalytic that Republicans hate.

It did remind me to listen to my Tim Pawlenty podcast though.

http://www.governor.state.mn.us/mediacenter/podcasts/index.htm