Monday, October 01, 2007

Mick Jagger's Greatest Hits Released This Week

Mick Jagger releases his greatest (solo) hits album this week. I thought this was as good an opportunity to post up something from his Wandering Spirit album in 1993. My old friend and college roommate, Rick, turned me on to this one back then and I have to say that over time, it's probably worked its way in, and remained, on my top 20 studio releases of all time.

It's interesting to me to hear what front men choose to do in their side projects. I like getting a peek in the window in how much the supergroup might be constraining people...and what they choose to play when they are freed from the expectations of their primary band. Jerry Garcia Band was comparable to this.

Anyway, here's a live cut of "Evening Gown." Enjoy!

No comments: