Monday, October 22, 2007

Jurassic Five Performs Quality Control

Sometime over the spring, I got turned on to Jurassic 5 on Minnesota Public Radio's The Current.

As with a lot of things, I was a little late to the game as they were in the process of breaking up, but I really really enjoy these cats.

They give me a bit of a reason to give some hip hop a fair shake. I don't know how someone can listen to something like this and not recognize it as an art form just as legitimate as blues, jazz or classical.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I see that you are listening to "feedback", how is it? I am a big fan of "power in numbers" and really dig it.

Dan said...

I really dig it. Actually, I'm doing DCA over at Discovery today and on lunch break, but I like it a little more than power in #s...

I can't put my finger on it, but just find it fun to listen to.