Monday, October 22, 2007

Quick Post on GOP Debate

While Huckabee continues to say most of the right things and Ron Paul got a few rounds of boos, John Wayne McCain probably had the line of the night.

He was talking about how he was a better spending hawk than the Junior Senator from New York, and brought up a $1M project she proposed last week in the Senate to honor the Woodstock Festival.

Paraphrasing, "I'm sure it was a major cultural and pharmaceutical event. However, I was not able to attend. I was a bit tied up at the time."

Woodstock, of course, took place during McCain's five and a half year stay at the Hanoi Hilton.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You must have missed Thompson's great come back, "I was in Baghdad before you was in your daddy's bag"

Dan said...

That made me laugh.