Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Dems to Debate Tonight in Philly

ManTan Williams moderates the latest Democratic debate tonight in Philadelphia on MSNBC.

With the World Series over and one day till the Cav's opener, this is the only game in town tonight.

Given my addictive tendencies, I'll probably tune in looking to find out:

  • Everyone wants to know just how far Barack is willing to go in his much-ballyhooed offensive against the Junior Senator from New York. The more interesting question, really, is how it's going to be received. It's a difficult balancing act to go after her without falling into the viper's nest of being framed a male pig. Just ask Rick Lazio! Hillary's cunning stunts when it comes to her cafeteria style feminism will make this an entertaining show.
  • How will John Edwards manage to stay in the front pack? Will he make a stink about his latest "college for everyone" proposal?
  • Will anyone in the Democrat party ever catch on and realize that Joseph R. Biden would actually make the best President of this bunch? With his tendency for warming a whole auditorium by merely introducing himself, he might not be the best candidate in the world, but the risks he brings to the table are outweighed by the fact that someone like me has a hard time articulating why I could never vote for him.
  • Who will be the first person to make a brotherly-love joke in reference to Obama's latest La Cage aux Folles.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Biden? Biden? The man is a ego-centric loon. Plus he has no control over what he says.

I am very interested in seeing the 'clean' one go after the XX chromosome one. It will be interesting if/how she does play the gender card.

But I never took you as a sports guy, surely there must be something good on tonight. What about that 'Rap Superstar' show on MTV, Tuesday is also 'Real World night'. Also, I think Frontline has a new one out tonight, "Showdown with Iran".... OMG! LOL! w00t!

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/showdown/

Unknown said...

Actually that was last week. This week is some thing on a MI undertaker. Boring.

Dan said...

I don't think he's that loony. I mean I have to concede, and did in the posting, that he occasionally says ridiculous things, but they're usually of little consequence.

For all the hub-bub about the 'clean' remark, it really was not exactly a national security situation. It's not like he referred to a current war in a way that could compare to one based on the supremacy of Christianity or something. ;-)

Yeah, you are right, I have a movie I might pop in, or catch a DL of the season finale of Californication, now that I think of it.

If I'm really strapped, I might even break down and pop out a book.

Teaching the INET class tomorrow. Joy joy....

Unknown said...

(count(distinct times)) where DAN_M = 'impatient' and CLASS_QUESTIONS < 'Intelligent'

OR

count(times) where DAN_M_SPEAKING_SPEED > CLASS_COMPRHENSION_SPEED

Actually it is a really good class, and I am sure you will enjoy it. As long as you don't send out Mama's Family references before hand.

Dan said...

You're funny...but thanks. Yes, I enjoy it very much. I think I was just tired when I did that post. We're going to start working on combining that class w/ DCA and TL and make it an all day thing.

That really makes more sense.

I've updated my cultural references a little bit. Now I make Full House jokes.

Anyway, not sure if I'll make it to stay up for the full debate tonight...might have to stream it later.