Sunday, November 11, 2007

Hillary Appleseed

The claims behind the stories starting to pick up steam this week, that the Clinton campaign has actively been planting questions in the crowds, are not surprising to anyone with a lick of sense.

And I possess not a shred of doubt that hers is the only one who pulls these kinds of monkeyshines.

I guess I just find it funny first because it's her.

I'm one of those people who just takes so much glee in seeing the Clintonistas get slipping on the floor in their own feces. The secondary reason it's funny to me is that "listening tour" and "a conversation" were how she characterized both her original Senate campaign and then her foray into the Presidential waters last winter.

Other candidates go out with the express goal of speaking to the people about their vision, but Hillary went through pains to make us believe that she's presumably being molded by what folks are telling her.

Oh well....Barack is on MTP for the full hour today.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This has been blown way out of proportion and it's making me sick. Everyone is forgetting the obvious: it's not illegal to plant people in the audience to ask questions.
Hillary is the ONLY candidate with these 4 attributes: honor, patriotism, loyalty, and kindness. I got $35 in the bank that says no other candidate has those attributes.

Dan said...

I did not forget the obvious. In fact, I just didn't acknowledge the obvious...of course it's not illegal to plant questions in the audience. I don't recall any serious commentators calling it illegal, either.

The adjective I used in the posting remains my overwhelming feeling...it's just funny.

Unknown said...

I will take the $35 dollars please. One could easily argue that Dr. Paul, Kucinich, Obama, Edwards also have those qualities, and arguable in a higher quantity, as well as other characteristics that make for a better 'leader of the free world'.

I havent heard anyone mention illegal, but I do think it is incredibly disingenuous of her to do this.

It makes a mockery of the election process, and the ideals of democracy seem to be nothing more than lip service.