Wednesday, November 14, 2007

What's Up, Beeyatch?

Over the last two years, I've really started to dig Miles Davis (thanks, Richie). On his suggestion, I picked up the Bitches Brew Sessions...recorded around the same time, but not exclusively in the BB sessions themselves.

I remember the first time I put it in, I just kind of sat on the couch and hardly moved for an hour or two. It was undoubtedly unlike anything I've ever heard before or since. I understand that it will not be everyone's cup of tea, but hey, go get your own blog if you don't like it. ;-)

The notes in the linked Wiki entry confirm that others have had the same experience I had.

Kidding aside, this is the kind of thing that just wraps around your mind and I'm betting it takes everyone to a different place. I don't get medicated myself these days, but I can see how the music can attract that crowd, too.

Take a dive into Miles

No comments: