Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Bringing Down the House

As has been documented here, I've been somewhat ambivalent about the Plame affair to date. I think it's downright rotten what the White House did to her, but for whatever reason, I've had a hard time getting fired up over it...and less so about the actions of Bob Novak himself.

Continuing down my well-paved path of irrationality, some of this changed today when news came out that Scott McClellan's new book will indict Boy Genius, Scooter, Big Time and even Shrub himself in quite the web of deceit around Valerie's outing.

While I find something comical about McClellan being involved in a story about "outing," that's kind of where the humor ends for me. When someone this close to the Oval Office starts talking like this, nothing good can come of it and innocent slips of the tongue no longer suffice to explain what happened here.

More disgust is sure to follow on this page...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I only hope the truth comes out about all of this eventually. I am outraged at what little I do know.

These times will be remembered as some of the darkest in our history, and we will have to apologize to our grandchildren for them.

Dan said...

There's a good way to avoid the scenario you've laid out.

Just don't have kids.

Unknown said...

"It's not as simple as that Nigel,God would see through such a cheap trick. What we do to ourselves, we do to Him."

http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Monty_Python's_the_Meaning_of_Life