Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Pervy Bush

This can't be the most original set of thoughts that I've ever come up with, but my lack of citations here is only because I haven't done enough reading lately to find more credible folks making the same point.

Disclaimer out of the way, the Bush Administration's indignation at the recent declaration of emergency in the perennially dysfunctional nation would be comical were the region not such a tinderbox.

While I guess there are a lot of things that clearly reside on opposite sides of the morality line but can still be reduced to a matter of degree, the President is really stretching any remaining benefit of the doubt they might have in complaining about Pakistan.

Really, what has the guy done that's so different from what happens over here. He begins with the real fact that there are some bad people around who want to cause havoc in the country and abroad. From there, he spins a bullshit story that existing legal standards need to be temporarily suspended so that he can protect the populous from them. He gets all sweaty on television telling us that this is the only way to avoid the dangers that lurk next door and he doesn't give a clear date to end this nonsense.

Don't get me wrong. I don't think that Bhutto is the Asian Virgin Mary, but the whole thing just has me scratching a nasty rash into my veil-covered head.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So is Hillary the the north american Virgin Mary?