Sunday, July 22, 2007

I'm Torn on This One



Well, despite all the news and personal stories about brisk Harry Potter sales (I was talking with a friend last night and was amazed that by then she was up through the 6th chapter), you won't find it on the New York Times Best Seller List, apparently.

The Times has ruled that since this is a children's book,  and they have their own list, the Potter books won't make it to the general fiction listing.

My Simultaneous Reactions:

1)  Who give a crap?  These books don't interest me in the least.  
2)  Ms. Rowlings probably doesn't care, either, because she's made all of her money and I can't quite see anyone making their purchase decision on this book from its position on a Times' sales chart.
3)  This is typical New York Times elitism.

No comments: