Sunday, July 15, 2007

I Don't Often Hope for a Vengeful God


...especially given the slightly-less-than-saintly-track-record I've managed to cobble together.

I find exception to that whenever I come across these rats in gowns that aren't imprisoned under some sort of RICO crackdown.

I like to joke here and there about the mafia trials going on, but if you want to talk about an organized criminal conspiracy going on in this country, you need look no further than some of the powerful folks in the Roman Catholic Church.

The people who like to tell you that they have a good handle on how God thinks you should live your life and allegedly hold the power to forgive YOUR sins are agreeing to pay out over $600M to compensate for their priests' raping of our children.

Peace be with you.

1 comment:

Jim said...

one of the many reasons i abandoned the cause...or 'lost the faith' as it were. disgusting and, at least for me, it calls into question the notion of a supreme power.

how do free will and miricles mix?rainbows but no protection of children?