Sunday, September 23, 2007

Show Him the City

Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad (yes, I had to paste that in) is headed to New York this weekend, for stints at the U.N and Columbia University.

There's the predictable dust-up going on there about how much energy we should devote to securing him during his visit.

It's mostly blow-hard nonsense from the right, in this case. We choose to maintain the United Nations in New York City knowing that it comes with the price of having to act as temporary guardians to a few a$ holes now and then.

I have to say, though, if I were Nurse Bloomberg, I would take a page right out of one of my predecessor's playbooks.

In the aftermath of Kristallnacht, Mayor Laguardia sent a clear message to the German consulate, which was having security concerns.

He beefed up their police protection...with a bunch of Jewish volunteers.

No comments: