Sunday, September 16, 2007

Fall is in the Air

The most generous assessment you could make about my feelings towards sports is that I'm a casual fan at best. I rarely follow any team or sport through a full season, but the high- drama moments do draw me in.

So as baseball's regular season starts to wind down, my interest is starting to ramp up a little bit and I checked out the spanking administered to the Yanks yesterday at Fenway.

I had to look back, then, for one of the most memorable moments in Chicago Cubs' history...the famous Lee Elia tirade in 1983.

Elia was the coach for only about 2 seasons and had quite a temper. His team was biting the big one at this early point in the season, getting booed by the day-baseball Bleacher Bums and just not having a good time.

He let the press know about it.

This tape is mostly profanity...including the highlight:

"Eighty-five percent of the *uckin' world is working. The other fifteen come out here. A *uckin' playground for the *ock*uckers."

No comments: