Saturday, September 15, 2007

Grateful Dead Channel on Sirius

Last week, Sirius Satellite launched their Grateful Dead Channel after a brief trial run in August and they have the Dan seal of approval.

Yeah, there's some cheesiness here and there, but they play 3 uninterrupted, full concerts every day, including Grateful Dead and Jerryband, so I can only assume that Ratdog and other spinoffs are on the way soon, too.

In addition, while there's the obvious preference for soundboard recordings, they're not total snobs...I came across a tasty audience tape of a Jerry Halloween show the other day. There's another audience tape overnight tonight from one of their very few 1974 shows, too. You can bet I'll be recording that for my listening pleasure later on in the week.

While I've had bad luck with their customer service and am dreading dealing with a Vista-compatibility problem I have with their tech support, I'm largely happy with the programming Sirius provides. The variety of narrow-cast content is well-worth a few cents a day!

No comments: