Sunday, June 24, 2007

A Rare Retraction


This morning, I posted my disgust at Diane Feinstein's willingness to revisit the Fairness Doctrine.  The notion of more selective government intervention in my daily life was pretty awful.  However, maybe there would be some benefit to a den mom holding court here.

My ill-conceived premise, you see, was that for every issue, there's simply going to be a for- and against- side.

My dear reader, that's simply not the case.  If the government included white-noise time for those of us who either don't give a crap, or see the issues of the day for the shams they are, I might be willing to take part in this social experiment.  Let's hear it for apathy!

I provide below a few of the test cases I'd like to try out:

  • Gay Marriage. This so-called issue was invented primarily to rile people up. The main tactic has revolved around inventing a queer boogeyman you should be legitimately scared of raping your children...because gays are all pedophiles, you know.
  • Outsourcing.  The Democrats main contribution to this "debate" has been to carry on, like John Kerry, about companies setting up fake PO Box headquarters offshores.  This comes from the same man who voted for NAFTA.  The GOP's no better, so there is no real debate here, either.
  • The Border Scare.  I joked here about yellow peril the other day, but if anyone really thinks that the Mexican border is in the top f*cking ten places we're vulnerable to terrorist attack, I'll have some of what you're smoking.

2 comments:

Kilroy_60 said...

The mistake on the lake would be not reading your take.

As many blogs as there are it shouldn't be so difficult finding ones that are a combination of informative, entertaining and helpful.

This is good stuff; one post after another. It was difficult limiting myself on which post to comment on.

That said, the current post seemed the best spot to tell you that I've included Musings From Cleveland in the newest edition of A Hitchhiker's Guide To The Blogosphere.

If you choose to comment on posts at The Gonzo Papers I'll follow suit.

Cheers!

Dan said...

Thanks, Kilroy...any fan of the Good Doctor's is a friend of mine! I'll check you out!
Dan