Monday, June 04, 2007

Mike Gravel and Where He Gets His Meds


I have a busy Monday in front of me, so perhaps not much time to post, but I couldn't let this one from last night's Democratic debate in New Hampshire pass.


When the candidates were talking about the state of veterans' healthcare in America, former Alaska Senator Mike Gravel noted, "...so make no misunderstandings, I know the system. I get my meds from the VA and I get the rest from the Medicare. So I know the system up front and personal."


This begs the question what kind of meds he's on, of course. He's the loose cannon of the group and we hope that whatever he's taking, he ups the dosage a little bit!

4 comments:

Jim said...

loose canon has a negative connotation, dan.

intentional?

i thought ad hominem attacks were used mainly by those whacky christians ;)

Dan said...

well, i'll tell you one thing that was not intentional...my crappy choice of re-working the colors on this site. it looked great in opera, but i think i need more cross-browser testing before i play fast and loose! looks like $hit on IE...

i'll change when i get home.

gravel speaks for the conscience of the party!

Unknown said...

No Ron Paul articles? Lets talk about the loose cannon.


Harry Browne '08

Dan said...

I don't know about that. He's an active politician whose been elected and re-elected to somethign in the last decade.

We can't say that for this fool from Alaska.

Dont' get me wrong. I love having him around...the same way a jester does at Medieval Times.