Sunday, June 03, 2007

A Funny Thing Happened at the Q

While I could personally care less about the Cavs making it to the NBA Finals last night after beating the Pistons, I am very happy for the city of Cleveland and my friends who are getting all wrapped up in this.  This is the first time they've made the Finals in the 36 year history of the club.

As a Chicago Cubs fan, of course, I have to snicker at their making a production about this long dry streak.

I have a feeling a lot of people will be sleeping something off today and getting off to a slow start on this muggy Sunday.  I was just outside and can only hear the birds chirping.  It's quite peaceful, but it won't last.

Anyway, I flipped past the game for a moment last evening and saw something I don't know that I have ever seen before...the game was delayed for 15 minutes because the scoreboard actually broke!  They didn't get it completely fixed until halftime, so during the 2d quarter, the PA was reading off the score after every hoop and counting down the shot clock for the players.

Go Cavs.  Series against the Spurs begins Thursday.

No comments: