Sunday, September 21, 2008

Can You Describe the Ruckus, Sir?

This is a nice little graphic containing the results of the poll that's become the talk of the heads this weekend.

If nothing else, I was kind of interested in how they chose to present these numbers. They were able to cram a lot into this, but I might have put the adjectives on left and right side, alternating by whether the word was positive or negative.

I think that would have made it easier to scan up and down for within-group trends.

Oh well...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

DPTN!

Dan said...

Hahahha.

The 1254 (?) Columbia Ave Boyz rule.

Now, I shall go work on my Cougar before commencing the shalacking of the doors with my step-daugther.

Joyce, where are the tube socks?

Unknown said...

I'm actually not surprised as the results of this poll.

I'm curious what a poll of African-Americans about European, Asian, and Hispanic Americans would reveal.

I love the accusation that whites are racist if they don't vote for Obama. Interesting because everyone forgets, Obama is half white.

Also, on election day, take a look at the vote McCain gets on the South Side of Chicago or any predominantly A-A community in America. Are those people racist because they don't/won't vote for McCain?

I guarantee a higher percentage Euro-Americans will vote for Obama than Afro-Americans will vote for McCain.

Something to think about.

Dan said...

I agree with you here. That argument gets only minor play when people start cheerleading for Obama's high-90s support in the AA bloc.