Tuesday, August 12, 2008

The Only Post I Care To Do On the Edwards Story

I really meant to not post anything on the John Edwards story. It's trashy from the act to the coverage.

But I cannot resist just this one...

Why am I not reading more speculation about the odd timing of this?

Doesn't it seem curious that Barry's people are doing all their veep vetting, Edwards' name has been dropped by some journalists as a possible choice (admittedly, not a guarantee that the campaign is actually considering him) and then, right at the beginning of the time when Obama will be away and un-harrassable by the press, the Democratic dirty laundry is dumped?

There was ample opportunity over the last week, let alone year, for Edwards to come clean on this if he was going to. It seems to me that this was timed to do the least damage to the candidate or Democratic party as possible.

Maybe I just need to search more, so if someone has seen better-written speculation on it, please let me know.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

It's the arrogance that he learned from John F. Kerry that wouldn't allow him to come forward on it.

Remember, he's the son of a sawmill worker. :)

Dan said...

Haha...how could i forget!

Unknown said...

I hope when I am a national politician I don't have to rely on patronizing my father and his hard work to make up for my lack thereof.