Sunday, August 24, 2008

Barack Cuts Through Partisanship

...or at least that's the refrain of the chorus, recently joined by Joey Come Lately.

Look, I'm just as happy as the next guy that Biden is on the ticket. He brings great potential both for entertainment and possibly raising the bar a little bit in the debates. He's smarter than the other folks publicly mentioned as having been on Barry's short list.

But I don't understand who they think they're fooling with these persistent, so-far-unsubstantiated claims of post-partisanship. Barack's a shrewd guy, and god bless him if he continues to get away with it, but shame on anyone who doesn't sit back and wonder just what he's done that's so "post partisan."

To continue the ramble, I do love how they make these campaign speeches and videos more about the listener than the speaker. It's quite clever how Joe tells me that he's happy to be joining my little club, here...and he wants to pitch in just like I do.

One suspects that the telegram I get from Team McCain will try and mimic this to the best of their ability.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Its that same feeling I get when I wasn't picked last for kickball.

Dan said...

I thought you were drafted for the professional kickball league right out of Our Lady of the Windshield Scraper?

Unknown said...

I did play competetively for the town of Mentor on the Lake....