Sunday, August 03, 2008

In-Depth Coverage from the Plain Dealer

This week, Cuyahoga County goombas Jimmy Dimora and Frank Russo had their offices raided as part of a big corruption investigation. The FBI and the IRS, who had to bring agents from Pittsburgh with them, were involved.

It was the talk of the town...even on a day that Shrub had some events here that ruined the evening commute for people at my place of employment.

Anyway, with a story about corruption at that level going on, one would think that it would be the top story of the local paper of record, the Cleveland Plain Dealer.

It was.

And, as usual, the Plain Dealer delivers a crappy article in crappy fashion.

The story's linked off of the main PD page...good

It takes you to a 4-paragraph start to the article. Too much for a teaser, but shorter than what one would expect for a click....bad

Following the link, I find that the full article, including head- and by-line, does not even cover one scroll of the screen. And the article only told us what one could have guessed. Jimmy and Frankie defiantly returned to work today, they denied guilt and the local GOP organization wants them to step down. Gee, no shit, Sherlock....lazy reporting and bad web experience.

I think I just go to the PD's site to find stuff sure to tick me off.

Thankfully, they always deliver.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

They're always targeting the Italians...

Dan said...

FBI

Forever Bothering Italians

Unknown said...

Ha! I like that!

BTW, what's with the IP Address identifier? That's kind of Big Brother.

I'm going to have to start visiting this site with a new IP everytime I post!

Dan said...

Ha, I put that on ages ago. I should dump it, it was just a funny thing. I actually don't have access to that (although I guess I do thru 'The Google' as W would say).