Thursday, August 07, 2008

How Does This Song Go?

For some unknown reason, I'm not as big a fan of the acoustic/electric shows the Grateful Dead did in the fall of 1980 at the Warfield and then on the other coast at Radio City Music Hall.

The shows were not bad by any means (frankly, there's no such thing as a bad Gdead show), but I rarely find myself jonesing for them the way I might other runs.

That said, there were some gems and this Uncle John's Band encore from the Halloween show at Radio City in 1980 is one of them. The crescendo in the last minute of this song always brings a tingle up my spine and this cut is no exception. It's just so damned pretty.

Sit back, dance, do whatever you do while you enjoy Jerry and the boys belt out one of their most famous and beautiful songs...

No comments: