Monday, June 16, 2008

Ella Puede Sí!

As time goes on, I realize that I can no longer look down my nose at people who follow soap operas and other sorts of dramas on television...because I do, too.

Mine are just shown on different channels.

In a rather bizarre announcement, and one I can't quite settle on the meaning of yet, Barry announced today that Patti Solis Doyle will be the chief of staff for his yet-unnamed running mate this fall.

Who?

Patti, a product of the Chicago (Rchard M.) Daley Machine, was Hillary's assistant during the White House years and eventually became the manager of her Presidential campaign until she was canned after Super Tuesday.

What do we make of this?

Is Obama setting the plate for a Hillary nod? The lovely Latina might help with inroads amongst Hispanics and be a familiar face when blondie joins the team later this summer.

Or could it be a big, public "F-U!" signal to the junior Senator from New York.

While I think the latter is a much more likely scenario, I can't wait to see how it shakes out!

No comments: