Thursday, June 05, 2008

Some Tunage Before I Turn In

Here's the show I was listening to on the way home this evening. I had not heard it in a few years, but immediately remembered why October 29, 1977 at the Evans Fieldhouse at DeKalb's Northern Illinois University is one of my all-time faves.

1977 is a top year for some people...the band's sound was just in a really nice groove and it was one of the last years before bad habits started to take their toll on certain band members with Hispanic surnames.

While I'm not in full agreement with all folks on 77, this show really shines in my book. The scorching Mighty Swell surprises as an opener, but the real highlight for me is the Estimated->Eyes in the second set. If you listen to nothing else, check those out and let the music wrap around your head.






No comments: