Monday, June 30, 2008

A Sound Sleeper Am I

It's been an eventful week down here in the hood.

Last week, we had a power outage after a lightning strike.

Then last night, there was a fire at the now-defunct Club Corbo (formerly Corbo's Golden Bowl).

I can see the place from my backyard, so certainly one would think I'd have heard the fire trucks around 1AM last night, but I snoozed right through everything.

In fact, when I walked by CC this morning. I saw a news truck out across the street, but thought they were setting up for some shot about Guarino's 90th Anniversary celebration or something. There was a little bit of a burnt smell in the air, but I kind of forgot about it all until someone asked me about the big fire at work.

On the bright side, I felt very well-rested when I entered the salt mines this morning!

No comments: