Tuesday, June 10, 2008

The Decline of Western Civilization

I guess I have the power to change the channel (or, to more accurately reflect my viewing habits, never turn there in the first place), but VH1's Celebrity Rehab is just such an immoral show.

While Dr. Drew Pinsky will dress it up and try to feign some social value to the show, which follows has- and almost-been celebrities through some kind of attempt at removing the scourge of chemical dependency from their lives, it turns it into something more like a comic freakshow.

They just announced their new lineup for the upcoming season. Rehabbers include Tawny Kitaen, Cleveland native Steven Adler and Rodney King.

While our society and entertainment in general certainly has greater evils, I'll use up my free bit of space out here on the tubes to say that, until they begin donating their profits from the show to getting help to people who really need it, "Shame on you, VH1."

No comments: