Sunday, June 08, 2008

Al Franken...In it to Win It

Over the weekend in beautiful Rochester, Minnesota, the state Democratic Farm Labor Party had their convention and picked Al Franken to be their candidate to go up against douche bag Norm Coleman.

While I'll stop short of endorsing everything Franky seems to be talking about these days, during the time I was up there, Norm (then the mayor of St. Paul who had recently switched his registration from Democrat to Republican) was a guy who made my skin crawl. So I'm for just about anyone who sends him out to the glue farm.

Norm's slimy New York accent just makes one guess that his breath stinks of old luggage.

It was not exactly an easy ride for Franken...as of late, the GOP machine has been pulling some interesting tax stories about him as well as a satirical piece in Playboy from the 1990s that, when read literally, would be offensive.

How stupid.

No one reads the articles in Playboy!

So anyway, I'll enjoy watching this race as the next few months tick by.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I was surprised, I was hearing rumors that Jack was gaining momentum and could make a run at it.

Dan said...

Naw.

Jack's off the ballot.

Unknown said...

At the convention...

My future step mother in law is a deligate, and with the fall out she was under the impression Jack would make a good run for the nomination.

He must have some good PR folks making the phone call.

The most interesting thing about the primary season was watching these two, once Cerisi dropped out, position themselves as the rightful heir of the Wellstone legacy.

Dan said...

Did anyone dare use PW's old favorite line?

"I'm running to represent the Democratic wing of the Democrtic Party?"

I loved that one...