Saturday, May 31, 2008

Those Deadheads Sure Are Funny

Since The Archive cracked down a few years ago and stopped hosting downloadable soundboard tapes of Grateful Dead shows (they are there streaming only, but the AUD tapes are still able to be downloaded), bit torrent has really ramped up as the trading method of choice in the bootleg world.

While you can often just trade one show at a time, some folks will occasionally put together 'collections' usually bound by a particular year.

Over at etree, someone's starting up a 1977 project that they will have to break up into chunks (when you combine all known sources for all shows, the compressed size of the year is a whopping 130G!).

This comment someone posted on the first installment tickled me.

I think I am one of my mother's favorite (of 2) sons...

dnick926 2008-05-29 20:27:14
Thank you very much to all that have worked to put this up. It gives me a chance to fill in all the missing shows from one of my favorite late 70's years.

No comments: