Tuesday, May 20, 2008

The Perfect Show?

I may have come across a new all-time favorite Grateful Dead show. If I didn't, it's certainly in the top darned 10.

This is the second show of a little weekend jaunt in the summer of 84, down to the Ventura County Fairgrounds. Brent was on fire for these shows and I'll probably put together a little slideshow for his breakout of I Just Want to Make Love to You in the coming days.

For now, enjoy the My Brother Esau, a standard around that time, from this well-played, upbeat show!

07-22-84 County Fairgrounds, Ventura, Ca. (Sun)
1: Dancin> Bertha, Esau, Loser, Cassidy, Ramble On, Bucket> Day Job
2: Samson, Ship Of Fools, I Just Want> Woman Smarter, Terrapin> Drumz> Morning Dew> Throwing Stones> NFA E: Midnight Hour> Brokedown
"I Just Want" tease before "Cassidy" - last "I Just Want": 11-29-66 [1422]

No comments: