Thursday, August 02, 2007

If I Was an Eagle, I'd Dress Like a Duck

The weeklong Garcia-fest continues here...I should start picking up posting again Friday or Saturday as I seem to be close to out of the woods...at least this time.

For this evening's selection, I've chosen the boys' last really fun ditty they put out, Liberty.

It's a Jerry song, of course, and really digs at his "live and 
let live" way of life.

Liberty had some really funny lines in it, as well as the imagery.

Went to the well but the water was dry
Dipped my bucket in the clear blue sky
Looked in the bottom and what did I see?
The whole damned world looking back at me


This is from the Dean Dome in Chapel Hill, Spring Tour 93.  We saw the first three shows of this tour over at the old Rosemont Horizon in Chicago.  Grantboy had a particularly good lunch before the show if memory serves.

No comments: