Thursday, October 30, 2008

"What Are You, A Bunch of Jesus Freaks?"

I just wanted a good, cheap way to pull out one of Ted Turner's golden oldies as a subject line.

But seriously, here's the ad of the week, brought to you by your friends at the NRSC...remember cute little Liddy Dole? Our little gal is all growed up and plays hardball in North Carolina. She's behind in the polls, so had to go all Jesus-in-the-temple-with-the-moneychangers on her opponent.

Personally, I find it a little bit annoying when anyone, pro-, anti- or ambivalent when it comes to the Lord decides to talk about their own religious beliefs in support of their candidacy. Keep it between you and your God; I'm happy for you.

But making implications about someone else's religious beliefs really puts you on the Musings Shit List.

1 comment:

gb said...

Dole got on my sh**list when she advocated for the repeal of some regulation over the financial services industry 9+ months ago. Also, her campaign is apparently standing by the facts of this ad. If I believed in God, I would pray for her defeat next week. Instead my vote will have to do the job ;-D