Thursday, October 09, 2008

Told Ya So!

I don't have time today for a longer post, but one thing that has been annoying me lately (Jeez, do I sound like an Andy Rooney or what?) is how both candidates are carrying on about their prescient warnings of mortgage gloom....based on letters and speeches delivered a year or more ago.

I don't doubt the facts of what they're claiming, but it does strike me as a little bit disingenuous.

If I knew your house was starting to burn down, I wouldn't just leave you a voicemail and then come by the next day and say, "Sorry you slept through this...I tried to call you, but you must have been sleeping. I left you a voicemail."

No, if I knew your house was in that kind of danger, I'd be beating the hell out of your door to make sure you woke up and avoided disaster. To do anything otherwise, when one has kjnowledge of impending doom, would be the height of immorality

No comments: